Thank you Lisa Eriksson, Independent Jamberry Consultant, for the sheet of Jamberry Nails to review!
Jamberry began with three sisters looking for a better solution to the expensive, time-consuming manicure adventures in a salon. They started their business in 2010 with Jamberry nail wraps. With 100's of colors and designs and a home party base business they continue to thrive!
When my nail wraps came in the mail I waited a while before putting them on. I felt I needed to have some uninterrupted time because it didn't seem like it could be nearly as easy as they say it is. Well, it really was easy! As I was starting to apply the third wrap my two-year-old woke up. I can't tell you how great it was to be able to pick him up and not be concerned about having 'wet nails'. With jamberry there is not waiting period. You put your wrap on and you're ready to go! Seriously easy process!
Each sheet of Jamberry nails has 18 strips of different sizes, made to fit pinkie fingers to big toes! Each individual sticker can be cut in half and used for two nails. Jamberry nail wraps come on a clear plastic sheet to allow you the ability to easily choose the correct size strip for each of your nails.
How to apply:
- Start by pushing back your cuticles, remove any skin or debris from the nail bed and clean nails with rubbing alcohol. Place the clear sheet of wraps over your nails to find the one that will fit best. Cut the wrap in half.
- With nail wrap on an orange stick or other manicure stick place in front of a Jamberry mini heater or hair dryer (I chose to use my electric range- not recommended by jamberry) to heat the wrap for a few seconds. Wrap will be easily pliable.
- Place wrap at bottom of nail in line with the edge of your cuticle. Press the nail wrap onto your whole nail, paying close attention to all the edges.
- Trim most of the excess nail wrap with a small scissors then use a nail file in a downward motion to remove the rest and round out your nail.
- Add a little extra heat if necessary and press again to make sure you have a good seal. For a finished look, use some cuticle oil (or olive/coconut oil) to keep your cuticles moisturized.
Use heat then peel off or soak your fingers in nail polish remover and slide off.
My nail wraps were secure for 1 week before they started lifting around some of the edges. I believe Jamberry says they'll last for up to two weeks. For them to last 1 week was surprising to me for a few reasons. One, being a mom to two boys, I am always digging in something. Two, I have problems keeping artificial nails on. I never make it to the two week fill appointment with all of my artificial nails intact. So I wasn't sure how they'd hold up.
Overall I am very pleased with the product. It was fun, quick, super easy and I got so many compliments on my manicure!
Because I like to do things a little different, I used my Jamberry wraps on 3 of 5 fingers and did french manicure on the other two. The next day I decided to also put some Jamberry wraps on my toes! I wish our MN spring had been more spring like. Because of our recent snow storms I haven't had the chance to show off my cute toes! I have to say though (especially being so pregnant) it was much more difficult to apply to my toes. I just couldn't get close enough or the best angle to do it as easily as I could with my fingers. I'd do it again, but it wasn't as easy!
A wrap that is a little too small, is better than one that is a little too big. I had one wrap that didn't quite fit my entire nail and left a little sliver along the edge. It was only noticeable if I looked for it. But I also had one that was too big. Getting a good seal is difficult and will require trimming some off, which is not that easy.
Buy It: You can purchase Jamberry Nails through Lisa Eriksson Independent consultant for $15 per sheet.
Connect: With Lisa through her Jamberry Facebook page where you can get more information about her business. She is located in Minnesota. If you are in the area, contact her for you Jamberry home party! I can honestly say your guests will really enjoy Jamberry nail wraps! Visit her website, send her an e-mail, or call at (763)856-5079!
Have you ever tried nail wraps? Which Jamberry design would you like to try?
Disclosure: I received one sheet of Jamberry nails complimentary to help facilitate my review. All opinions are my own and 100% honest. No other compensation was received.