Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pumpkin Spice Oreo Truffles

If you know me personally or follow Just Me and the Boys Facebook page, you know that fall means Pumpkin Spice everything!

Some of my favorite pumpkin flavors include Dairy Queen Pumpkin Pie Blizzard, Caribou Pumpkin Spice Latte, Pumpkin Spice coffee creamer as well as pumpkin bars and desserts of all sorts.

Last week my mom sent me a link about Oreo's release of Pumpkin Spice cookies! I almost left immediately for Target to get some. Unfortunately it took a couple days for me to actually make a trip to Target. None-the-less, I knew I wanted to make some no-bake truffles with these cookies! After I got the cookies I wasted no time!


You only need four ingredients:
  • 1- package Pumpkin Spice Oreos
  • 1- 8 oz. package cream cheese
  • 3- boxes Bakers white chocolate
  • Pumpkin Pie Spice (optional)
Directions (makes approximately 24 cookies):
  1. Crush the whole package of Oreos (or most of them... 1 or 2 may have fallen into my mouth). I find a food processor does the best job. But if you don't have one, some elbow grease with wooden spoon in a bowl will do the trick.
  2. Mix all crushed Oreo with cream cheese until you no longer see any chunks of cream cheese. If you have made other versions of Oreo truffles in the past, your 'badder' will be a bit more creamy. The pumpkin spice cream isn't as firm as other Oreo creams.
  3. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Make 1" balls from your badder and place them on the cookie sheet, then place in freezer for about 10 minutes.
  4. Melt white chocolate according to directions. Dip each cookie ball into the chocolate and roll around until completely covered and place back on wax paper.
  5. After about every three truffles (avoid letting chocolate to set) sprinkle on some pumpkin pie spice for garnish. 
  6. Store in an air tight container in refrigerator. They may also be frozen for longer keep! 



These no-bake truffles are seriously good! If you like all things pumpkin then you have to give them a try! 

Let me know what you think! Will you be trying these?

No comments:

Post a Comment