Monday, June 2, 2014

Pregnancy Update {35 weeks}

I don't really like to hear women say "I'm ready to be done!" when it comes to pregnancy.

I know that it's hard on the body, especially towards the end. This pregnancy has been better than my second in some ways, but more difficult in others.

But in two weeks, once I hit that 37 week mark, "I'm ready to be done!".

I don't like the idea of rushing labor or using interventions. But I sure will be praying I don't go to 40 weeks!


According to my "I'm Expecting" app, the baby is about 18" long and weighs roughly 5.5 lbs (about that of a honeydew melon). 

Ok, the joys first! I love feeling this little one move around. It is the strangest, most wonderful, alien-like body take-over experience! Seriously, alien-like, but wonderful! I can't believe this is my last pregnancy (or at least the last one we are planning). But at the same time I don't know how my body could take any more! I don't mind when people (whom I know) ask to touch my belly. I love sharing the experience with those who haven't had a previous pregnancy as well as those who have. There is just something really cool about feeling a baby's leg, foot, or bottom inside the womb. But I am not a fan of strangers (or someone I hardly know) coming up and grabbing for my baby bump. If I don't know you [well], don't touch me! Fortunately, that doesn't happen often. 

Names... we still don't have anything picked out yet! It was so easy with the boys. But this girl is really hard to name! I also don't want to give her a name that ends up being on the 'top ten' list for 2014. Both the boys have really common names, which makes things somewhat confusing.

As far as weight gain goes. This pregnancy I have put on 33 lbs so far (my midwife is thrilled about this, my app says it is "excessive"). I gained 47 with Squirrel and 35 ish with Bug. I was hoping to stay under the 35 lb mark with this one, but I don't think that will happen my appetite is through the roof on most days! 

I remember thinking my second pregnancy was rough, but I can't exactly remember how. I can say that the inner hip/groin pain I am experiencing with this one is unlike I had with the other two. There are times where walking is really difficult without a sever waddle and a bit of wincing in pain. I have found that if I keep moving I feel better. I try to do an elliptical workout at the gym at least three times a week and I try to go on at least one walk a day. I have also noticed that if I sleep with a pillow between my legs, the pain is much worse. Where-as the only way I could sleep when I was pregnant with Bug was if I had a pillow between my legs. It's crazy how different each of my pregnancies has been.

I am starting to get swelling my my hands and feet. I am no longer wearing my wedding ring, which I do not like. The swelling in my feet hasn't been horrible. There are times I can't fit into shoes. But if I get the chance to elevate my legs, the swelling goes down w/in 20 minutes or so. 

Exhaustion is an ALWAYS thing. I can't believe how tired I am all the time. Sleeping has been hard, I wake up to everything, then can't fall back asleep. But I'm sure I'll have more of a chance to sleep once all the kids have graduated and moved out of the house, right?

This week we will have the 36 week appointment with my midwife. This appointment she will come to our house to check everything out and make sure we have everything ready for our home birth. I have had a lot of  people ask if I am getting nervous. Well, I'm no more nervous than I was with the other two. I actually feel a bit more relaxed, for the most part. I am getting some anxieties, but not related to being at home. 

I am really praying this baby will decided to arrive a week or two before it's due date. I'm also praying for an easier labor than I had with Bug. His labor lasted days. Before I even got to the hospital I had been having steady contractions for two days that kept me from sleep. I was so exhausted by the time I was in transition that I couldn't take any more and caved to an epidural. This time I won't have that option.

Squirrel and Bug are getting more and more excited. Squirrel tells everyone that his mommy has a baby in her belly. I actually overheard him telling another little girl that on the playground this morning. He is going to be such a helpful and proud big brother. His 5th birthday is coming up in two weeks, the other day he said to me "When I am bigger, like 5, I am going to teach the baby how to crawl!". Bug it obsessed with "baby tummy". He is always asking to see my tummy so he can love on it. He too, will be a great big brother. But as obsessed as he is with babies, I don't think I'll be able to trust him alone in the room with his little baby sibling. 

By the way, it took me three days to write this blog post. Unfortunately blogging has been put on the back burner as I have been choosing sleep! Oh well! 

How about you? What's going on in your life? Marriage, pregnancy, new baby, toddlers, teenagers? Can you relate to my pregnancy or are your experiences different? I'd love to hear about it! 




No comments:

Post a Comment