Saturday, November 1, 2014

Maintaining Leather Seats Despite Kids and Dogs

My husband got me a wonderful gift for my 30th birthday... an new van! Well, it was new to us anyway. When we got the van it was perfectly clean; no dust, no streaky windows, nice leather interior! It didn't take long before our new van looked lived in. Cracker crumbs, dog fur and dust were everywhere. While I could vacuum the carpeting, and wash the windows, I wasn't sure what to do with the leather. I almost used baby wipes, but figured I should have a cleaner specifically for leather.

Leather Nova sells a line of cleaner, conditioner and a cleaner/conditioner combo specifically tailored toward leather. Whether you'll be cleaning your vehicle seats, shoes, wallet or coat, Leather Nova will keep your leather items looking clean and renewed. 


Leather Nova's leather cleaner is easy to use. It comes in a spray bottle and includes a microfiber cloth. The cleaning process is easy. Start by spraying the surface you want to clean (or spraying the cleaner right onto a microfiber cloth) and massage in circular motion to lift dirt and debris. Then use a dry microfiber cloth to remove dirt and dust from the leather's surface.

This is what the cleaner picked up on the passenger side of my dashboard. I couldn't even tell it was that dirty. The cleaner is easy to use and very effective without harming my leather or plastic interior.


Leather Nova Leather Cleaner is made in the US. It is free of harsh chemicals which I love because I have three kids and a dog... all of which have the urge to periodically lick things. I know, it's gross! But at least I know my seats are clean and toxin free! 

After using the Leather Nova's Leather Cleaner it is best to follow up with the Leather Conditioner. There is also a combo Conditioner/Cleaner that can be used between for touch ups. I personally like to use a separate cleaner and conditioner. I feel that each has a specific purpose and work best on their own. 

You can purchase Leather Nova Leather Cleaner on Amazon currently for $16.95, normally $29.95.



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment