Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pregnancy Update {18 weeks}

Almost half way there!

When I met with my midwife at 13 weeks I was measuring 16 1/2 weeks, which kind of concerned me. Nothing I could but wait though. So it was nice to know that now at 18 weeks I am measuring right were I should be! But I still feel rather large for 18 weeks!


So far I have been feeling pretty good. I have had occasional heart burn, but for the most part it has subsided. I am dealing with migraines. The only time I have had migraines is when I'm pregnant. I remember I had migraine that wouldn't go away between 16-20 weeks with Squirrel. I dreaded the 16 week mark with Bug, but I didn't get the migraines with him. Although, they are back now. Here's to hoping they stop in a couple weeks!

I started feeling baby move around 14 weeks, a few weeks sooner than Squirrel, a week later than Bug. I love the feeling. It is such a blessing to be able to have children and the feeling of a baby moving around inside of you is just incredible. Sometimes uncomfortable, but indeed incredible.

Since my 13 week appointment I have completely changed my diet. You could call  it some sort of pregnancy diet. I have cut out most refined sugars, stick to whole grains rather than white flours. Eat mainly fresh fruits and veggies, then proteins and grains. The first few days I felt really hungry. I consulted with a friend, Brittany Parker Health Coach who informed me that I have to make sure I am eating lots of protein (75-100 grams/day) and healthy fats. Those will help keep me full and regulate blood sugar. Her suggestion helped, a lot! I have also been much better about my water intake. Which is easier to do when I am home than when I am out.

Unfortunately, I have been experiencing hypoglycemia the last two weeks, some mornings it is pretty bad. Midwife suggests small snacks of cheese or macadamia nuts when I wake up at night. As well as having some sort of protein bar by the bed side so when I wake up in the morning I can get something in me before catering to boys. Low blood sugar is not a fun way to start the day. It makes me cranky. So her advise will be utilized!

Progesterone shots are going well. The shot itself isn't too bad, but I feel bruised for days afterwards. My lucky (and wonderful) husband gets to give me the shots twice a week. After doing some more research, there are some women who have to take the shot daily. I am thankful that I'm not one of them!

But all-in-all, I feel pretty darn good! Sleeping well, don't have any major complications, and I'm fairly comfortable. 

Squirrel constantly talks about the baby. He will randomly suggest names, or randomly say things like "Its a good thing there is another seat in the car so the baby will have a place to sit!". He is funny. He's already looking out for his little brother or sister.

At 13.5 weeks baby's heartbeat was in the 150's, today in the 160's. So what do you think, girl? Ultrasound in two weeks! Can't wait to see this little one!

Here is a comparison at 13, 16 and 18 weeks! The belly is definitely getting bigger, I'm actually getting nervous about how big I will get this time!


So, are you pregnant? How far along, how are you feeling? Share your advice, updates and stories!



3 comments:

  1. Congrats! Stopping by from the Feel the Love Hop. I'm 20 weeks today with my third as well. Amazing how different each pregnancy is. We're not finding out the sex since I have one of each. (if my husband doesn't cave on Tuesday)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We have our ultrasound next week. I don't want to find out the gender, but my husband does. We'll see what happens! Congrats to you! Happy pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally found great post here.I will get back here. I just added your blog to my bookmark sites. thanks.Quality posts is the crucial to invite the visitors to visit the web page, that's what this web page is providing.

    best snacks during pregnancy

    ReplyDelete