Friday, January 31, 2014

Yummi Pouch -Reusable Food Pouch- Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

Storing foods in your own re-usable storage bags gives you the confidence that what you or your child is about to eat is not only healthy, but contaminant free.

Yummi Pouch offers three different size pouches. The standard, which holds 6 ounces, the mini, which holds 2.5 ounces and the sport, which holds 10 ounces.

All of their pouches are free of BPA and phthalates, they are dishwasher and freezer safe, easy to fill and convenient to use (learn more here)!


Pictured above is the standard 6 ounce pouch, which comes in a variety of colorful patterns. They have a zip style closure at the top, the bottom is expandable so you can prop it upright while filling and get maximum fill space. On the back of the pouch there is a "fill line". Filling beyond this line will cause the contents to overflow when sealing the pouch. There is also a space to write the date and contents of the pouch. Great for toddler snacks especially apple sauce on-the-go!


This is the mini pouch. Holding 2.5 ounces it is perfect for taking that home-made baby food on the go! This one opens on the bottom (does not expand). On the back is a fill line and date/contents space.


This one is my favorite! I have been making green smoothies almost daily. I always have about two servings. While I like to enjoy it all freshly made, I can't always consume it fast enough. This 10 ounce sport pouch is perfect for storing my left over smoothie! It is air tight so the ingredients stay fresh. I can then take it on the go later in the day or just have the rest of it for snack at home. 


This one also has the expandable bottom and a fill line. Perfect for the mama on-the-go who wants to have that fresh, healthy snack at the park or after a work out.


While you can put the pouch in the top rack of the dishwasher, I choose to hand wash. Which is fairly simple. I just add a small drop of dish soap and fill half way with hot water. Shake well, removing all food particles from the corners and crevices. I then rinse well. I put the cap inside the bag to keep it propped open for airflow and to ensure it dries fully.

You can purchase Yummy Pouch and the great accessories on their website.

Connect with Yummi Pouch on Facebook and Twitter!

What and who would you use Yummi Pouch for? The baby, the toddler, the big kids or yourself?




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. This looks cool! I might grab some in the future for myself so I can take a breakfast smoothie on the go.

    ReplyDelete