Friday, December 20, 2013

Apple-Cinnamon Monkey Bread


A few years ago a friend pointed out to me that on the back of the Pillsbury four pack of biscuit dough there was a great recipe for Monkey Bread!

I make it every once in a while, but this time I decided I'd try to add some diced Honeycrisp apples. Well, it is amazing!

I usually half the recipe because I don't need the excuse to eat more! So instead of using a bundt pan I use an 8x8 square pan.

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 4 cans Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine (melted)
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 Honeycrisp apples, diced
Prepare:
  1. Grease or spray 12-cup Bundt cake pan.
  2. Mix granulated sugar and cinnamon in 1-gallon bag. Cut each biscuit into quarters. Shake quarters in bag to coat (I only had 8 quarters at a time to keep them from sticking). Add diced apples and shake to coat. Empty bag into pan.
  3. Mix melted butter and brown sugar. Pour over the biscuit pieces.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes (mine only bakes for about 25 minutes w/half recipe) or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes then turn upside down onto a serving tray!

I loved the additional flavor with the honeycrisp apples! It was almost like a more caramel-y apple fritter! This is an easy and quick recipe and my boys enjoy helping make it, especially shaking the bag!


No comments:

Post a Comment